1. I can’t use OpenType fonts. Can you send me a legacy format instead?PostScript and TrueType versions of our fonts are available for both Windows and the Mac OS, but we strongly recommend using the standard OpenType versions instead if it is at all possible. Legacy formats of our fonts offer only basic character sets: alternates, fractions, small caps, different figure styles, and other typographic niceties are exclusively available in the OpenType versions, which also have support for a much wider set of languages. In some cases the legacy formats are not immediately available and there may be additional delays and charges before they can be delivered.
2. I have completed my order and licensed some fonts. How do I install them?On Mac OS X, please follow the instructions found here:
Please note that we recommend installing the fonts in the top-level library where they can be accessed by all of a workstation’s users, rather than an individual user’s Fonts folder, as our license applies to the workstation rather than the user. We also recommend installing the fonts directly in the Fonts folder as detailed in this support article, rather than using FontBook.
On Windows NT, 2000, and XP, please follow the instructions found here:
On Windows Vista and 7, please follow the instructions found here:
If you use a third party font manager, please follow the instructions that came with it.
3. Do you recommend using any particular third party font manager?We do not endorse any third party font manager, and can only guarantee error-free performance if the fonts are directly installed in user/Library/Fonts on the Mac OS or the Fonts folder in Windows.
4. What is your standard character set?Our standard character set differs from family to family, depending on the OpenType features we deem to be an appropriate fit for each specific family, but at minimum you will be able to typeset most Western and Central European languages that use the Latin alphabet. You can find a full character set listing and list of supported languages on any individual style page.
5. How do I access the OpenType features in your fonts?Different applications still have wildly differing implementations for OpenType feature controls, sp please consult the manual for the individual application or applications you plan to use the fonts in. Where possible, we have made features redundant in order to make them accessible in as many applications as possible. For example, the functionality of the stylistic sets is often duplicated (albeit simplified) in the stylistic alternates feature, to allow users of both Adobe InDesign CS2 and above and Adobe Illustrator CS2 and above to access alternate characters. Please be advised that the most current version of Microsoft Office still does not allow access to even the simplest OpenType features. Please see the last few pages of the PDF specimen for details on the features included in each respective family.
6. How do you keep my credit card information secure when processing an order?We use certification from Verisign, Inc. to protect our customers’ information. Your credit card information is sent directly and securely to the company that processes the transaction and is not held on our server for any amount of time.
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists.
This site uses cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
By e-mail: info[at]commercialtype.com
By phone: 212 604-0955
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.